Following on from the Prime MInister’s address to the nation on Sunday, and subsequent restrictions that are still in place regarding playing golf and social distancing, I would like to update you on how that affects our competitions .
We have decided we have no option but to cancel our AmAm on 29th June. It just wouldn't be feasible to run it, with no club house open etc. This may be rearranged at a later date.
We are however hoping that the 4BB at Longcliffe on 20th July will go ahead. We will be continually reviewing the situation. Things seem to be changing daily in respect of the virus and who knows where we will be in two months time.
The entry form for the 4BB is going to be amended to make the cut off date much later and no one will lose their entrance money if they decide to pull out. Obviously should we have to abort this event, all cheques will be cancelled.
We won't run any competition if we deem it not safe to do so.
Just to update you on other events. The Scottish Vets Association emailed me last week to say that they were cancelling the Jamboree in August. The match against the Welsh has also been cancelled. These events both involved the booking of hotels.
I hope you are all enjoying being back on the fairways and hope to see as many of you as possible soon.